Well hello Beautique Beauties,
It has been a couple of weeks since our last top tip but that is simply because we have been heavily preparing for Haigh Show this coming Sunday the 22nd August!
We are extremely excited to be exhibiting and supporting our local agricultural show and seeing so many of our customers coming to visit us.
As some of you already know we will be carrying out some hair and beauty treatments on the stand at discounted prices and also giving away coupons to use on select treatments at the salon so its well worth a visit. Please spread the word so that we can spread the beauty.
So this weeks top tip. Smokey eyes have become a classic party eye makeup look. The secret of this trend’s popularity is that smokey eyes can change your face dramatically, transforming the girl-next-door into a stylish diva. Here are a few quick tips to help achieve a popping smokey eye. On how to create an effective smokey eye, we would suggest you ask a qualified MUA or Petite Beautique as believe it or not there are quite a few different techniques and steps.
IT IS ALL ABOUT THE SMOKES:
Number 1: Choose the right colors
Any color can be used to create a smokey eye, although you will need at least three shades of a similar eye shadow. The classic smokey eye is created with black or gray, but bronze and brown are also commonly used.
- Green eyes look particularly good with a gray and plum smokey eye, while blue eyes pop with gold or copper and brown eyes go great with shades of navy and gray .
- You should choose three shades of each color: a light, creamy color, a medium base color, and a dark smokey color.
- Avoid choosing colors that are too bright, or if you have very fair skin too dark. You want your smokey eye to accentuate your pretty face, not to distract from it.
Number 2: Use the right supplies
Although it may be quick and easy to choose the first three complementary shades of eye shadow you find with a sponge applicator, the perfect smokey eye is created using the right supplies.
- Using loose powders gives you the best blending ability, which is necessary for creating a great smokey eye. You have the ability to use pressed powders and cream shadows as well, but for the best look find loose eye shadow.
- Use pitch-black or brown eyeliner to accentuate your smokey eye. The color of your eyeliner will depend on the color of your eye shadows chosen. You have the option of using a pencil, cream, or liquid eyeliner, and any will work just fine. Cream and liquid eyeliners give a very smooth finish, while a pencil eyeliner gives a softer blended look which we particularly prefer.
- Be sure to use good quality makeup brushes. Using dirty, old, or sponge brushes will create a smeared look that doesn’t blend. The best makeup brush for a smokey eye is a domed eye shadow brush, which is rounded at the top. You can find these at many beauty stores.
- Be sure have a concealer and eye shadow primer to prep your lids before applying the smoky eye. Use a concealer brush to apply both. Make sure you eye lid has enough coverage of concealer up to the eyebrow. We also recommend that you put your eyebrows on first so that the concealer makes them stand out more.
- Have a large fluffy brush, makeup remover and wipes on hand to fix any mistakes or loose shadow on your cheeks.
Number 3: Its all done back to front
Everybody thinks that the eyes are done after your foundation, we strongly believe that it is done the other way around. By doing your eyes first you prevent excess eye shadow from dropping and sticking to your foundation. By applying the rest of your face after the eyes, it allows your eyes to pop and stand out more. As strange and backward as this sounds, give it ago. Your makeup will look do much cleaner by reducing the amount of reapplying from removing excess eye shadow from the rest of your face.
If you would like any further support on applying your eye shadows please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team. They would be happy to provide a tutorial.
Keep an eye out for next weeks post where we will be posting photos of the show on Sunday. We really do hope some of you can pay us a visit on the stand!
Have a great week